Ryu Kuze's Emporium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Nothing shall ever be the same in Ryu Kuze's Emporium.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck?

Go down 
+2
ShadowBlade
Ryu Kuze
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck? Empty
PostSubject: What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck?   What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:41 am

This topic will be discussing card combinations as well as "never" before seen ideas that you, the members of the Emporium, want to see.

Have fun and stay within the bounds of the rules.
Back to top Go down
https://ryukuzeemporium.forumotion.com
ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck?   What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:54 am

I've ranted about this before numerous times, so I'll just abridge it here.

I want to see someone make a good Lightsworn and/or Gladiator Beast character deck. Not three of each monster, two Judgement Dragons, etc. A character deck, a vintage deck with only one of each monster. I really like Lightsworn and Gladiator Beasts as a theme, but barely anybody ever uses them as such.

Lightsworn would be a pretty decent villain deck, in my opinion. Judgement Dragon is an evil boss card waiting to happen. Gladiator Beasts could really fit any hero, anti-hero, or secondary villain as well
Back to top Go down
Zerachiel van Mark

Zerachiel van Mark

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck?   What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:21 am

Quote :
discussing card combinations

I got a nice card combination...well actually its more of a duel-story what happened to me a few years ago.

Mid game:
K (Opponent) sets a monster facedown and ends.

M (me) summons Luster Dragon and attacks face down monster: Cyber Jar.
K summons 4 monsters with 1900 ATK and 1 monster with 2000 DEF. I only get Mad Dog of Darkness (ATK 1900), but in Mainphase 2 I activate a borrowed Raigeki. I also play White Dragon Ritual and summon Paladin of White Dragon (ATK 1900)
K gets annoyed and plays Brain Control (K's LP 600) and takes over Mad Dog of Darkness. Then he removes 1 light and 1 dark to summon Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End. He clashes Dog with Paladin and attack directly with Chaos. (M's LP 1200). Next Turn I draw Mage Power, but then I notice Jowgen in my hand. I summon Jowgen, discard a card from hand to destroy Chaos and then equip him to Mage Power. (ATK 700). That finished the duel and made me go to the next round.

I often refer this as the most passionate duel I ever had.

Quick card combination:

Use any card to send Herald of Creation to the graveyard alongside Treeborn Frog. Then summon Light and Darkness Dragon. Next you have a combination that is hard to break. Anytime I LaDD's ATK becomes so low your opponent can destroy with battle, just activate his second effect and special summon Herald of Creation. During your Standbyphase Treeborn Frog comes back. In your Mainphase just discard 1 hand-card and bring LaDD back to your hand via Herald and tribute both monsters to summon her.
Back to top Go down
Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck?   What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:11 am

hmm...whenever I duel, I personally hope to pull off my Dark Spell Regeneration + Soul Taker + Zombie's Jewel's combo.

Ive only done it once, and damn that was sweet! On my turn, i use Soul Taker to destroy his monster, forgot what it was. It must have pissed him off, lol. So I set Dark Spell and Zombie's Jewel and end. His turn begins, he brings out another heavy hitter dragon, i chain Dark Spell to his attack, activating Soul Taker from my grave. It resolves, he gets my Soul Taker and puts it into his grave, letting me chain Zombie's Jewel's. I get my Soul Taker back and he draws one card. lol....victory was mine! cheers

Id also like to see more theme decks used, and use of more originality.
Back to top Go down
Fenian

Fenian

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck?   What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:11 pm

I'm a fan of the classics, like Reverse Trap and Cyber Vary and Emperor Setem letting you reuse your Tyratin. Living Arrow+Fusion+a monster with high attack to drain your opponent. Or, Solar Plasma Dragon (on DME) with Reverse Trap for the OTK. Jougen the Spiritualist being combined with Illusion Destruction or Book of Moon to nuke then Special Summon, or even destroy A miracle Flipper you have to kill an opponent's monster. Oh! Soul Release at Spell Speed 2 then a last turn DD Return, or even Time Counterflux to remove any monsters you've summoned then bringing them back...I had a good thing with Mirror Tablet and Fiend's Sanctuary...the list goes on. I should update that Randomness deck of mine...
Back to top Go down
ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck?   What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:46 pm

One of my personal all-time favorites is Mist Body + Crossline Counter.

I usually have Silent Swordsman LV0 ready in attack mode with Mist Body (most effective if I had just summoned him, as it completes the illusion). Most people tend to think I'm just trying to keep monster presence, so they'll go ahead and attack with a big monster. I lose a good chunk of Life Points, but in exchange my Silent Swordsman is beefed up, immediately counterattacks their monster for the same amount of damage, and leaves me with a much stronger monster on the field.
Back to top Go down
S-o-F

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck?   What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:00 pm

I wanna see someone summon Drill Warrior, direct attack with him, play a facedown, and then use Drill Warrior's effect and discard 2 to RFG him. Then when it comes to the opponent's turn and they try and take you out with all of their monster's you go Zero Hole on their arse :p . Next turn Drill Warrior returns, along with one of your discarded cards, and your ready to do a direct attack, this time with his FULL attack.
Back to top Go down
ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck?   What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:44 pm

S-o-F wrote:
I wanna see someone summon Drill Warrior, direct attack with him, play a facedown, and then use Drill Warrior's effect and discard 2 to RFG him. Then when it comes to the opponent's turn and they try and take you out with all of their monster's you go Zero Hole on their arse :p . Next turn Drill Warrior returns, along with one of your discarded cards, and your ready to do a direct attack, this time with his FULL attack.

What did DME put that version of Zero Hole at anyway? I've been slightly curious.
Back to top Go down
Fenian

Fenian

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck?   What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:14 pm

ShadowBlade wrote:
One of my personal all-time favorites is Mist Body + Crossline Counter.

I usually have Silent Swordsman LV0 ready in attack mode with Mist Body (most effective if I had just summoned him, as it completes the illusion). Most people tend to think I'm just trying to keep monster presence, so they'll go ahead and attack with a big monster. I lose a good chunk of Life Points, but in exchange my Silent Swordsman is beefed up, immediately counterattacks their monster for the same amount of damage, and leaves me with a much stronger monster on the field.

I made a killing out of this with Guard Cherub and Cross Line. Guard Cherub (500 ATK/ can't be destroyed as a result of battle while in attack) makes people think I'm just trying to get some tribute fodder....it ends with a 7100 ATK Cherub destroying Arcana Knight Joker.
Back to top Go down
ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck?   What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:55 am

Within the past 24 hours, I've discovered for myself the crazy fun Reasoning + Winged Dragon of Ra can bring.

Surprise God Blaze Cannon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck?   What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do YOU want to see pulled off well in a Deck?
Page 1 of 1