Ryu Kuze's Emporium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Nothing shall ever be the same in Ryu Kuze's Emporium.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ShadowBlade's Anime/Manga Card of the Day! 8/25/2009 - Rebirth Tablet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade's Anime/Manga Card of the Day! 8/25/2009 - Rebirth Tablet Empty
PostSubject: ShadowBlade's Anime/Manga Card of the Day! 8/25/2009 - Rebirth Tablet   ShadowBlade's Anime/Manga Card of the Day! 8/25/2009 - Rebirth Tablet Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 2:56 am

Welcome to ShadowBlade's Anime/Manga Card of the Day! This is the series of threads where I ramble on about anime-only cards while shoving caffeine down my throat.

Then, I'll give it a personal rating - using several factors that I welcome everybody to discuss - out of 10, and ask the question: Do you think the game would benefit from the anime-only card being real? Feel free to discuss!

So, let's crack open an RC and get on with ShadowBlade's Anime/Manga Cards of the Day! I reserve the right to not randomly post a card on each day for whatever reason.

Today's card is...

Rebirth Tablet
Trap Card
Activate only when one of your monsters is destroyed by battle. Special Summon 1 monster from your Graveyard.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Rebirth_Tablet

Art: The ankh appears on a ton of stuff, but I get the symbolism here, so I'll accept the art. Pretty cool-looking when it appears in the show anyway.

Appearance: Maybe one of these times I'll stumble into a card that isn't a one-shot. Bakura decides to screw with Seto Kaiba, outright coaxing him into a duel. During the duel, which I consider to be one of Bakura's best performances in the entire series, Bakura utilizes this card to resurrect his rather impressive Diabound ace monster. If only because he uses two other "Tablet" cards in this duel, and that they foreshadow the whole Egyptian arc thing, I'm willing to accept this appearance as well. They were clever when they used this one. They didn't just...ugh, Akashic Record, damn you.

Mechanic: Well, there's not much mechanic to this. One monster goes boom, another comes back for it. A really simple mechanic embedded into a really simple card. There's not much more to say here.

Effect Analysis: I've done it! I've figured out from where the inspiration of Destiny Hero - Fear Monger came! Well, we reach my first reviewed card where DME has decided to just change the effect instead of altering its position on the ban list. I'm not really for or against that, but I figured I would bring it up for sake of discussion. Anyway, I'm somewhat annoyed that this just shoves Time Machine to the side and shatters it to pieces. I love my Time Machine card. But, that's no legitimate reason to hate Rebirth Tablet, so let's go a little deeper. We can revive any monster in our Graveyard and all we have to do is lose one by battle. That's...more than a good trade for the controlling player. The opponent, on the other hand, will now likely have to deal with an ace monster. Took forever to destroy that big Synchro Monster? Well, Rebirth Tablet just brought it back. It's almost as though Rebirth Tablet treats destroying a monster by battle as a mistake. I can't really say I advocate this notion.

Heck, just use it on a weakened Light End Dragon or Dark End Dragon once they've used up all their attack power. Or we can continue to break Sangan for Exodia purposes (I'm looking at you, Castle of Mist; maybe I'll get to you another time). Normally I enjoy a good resurrection card. But, Rebirth Tablet in a lot of ways is just an easy reset button. This is like combining Colossal Fighter and Fear Monger. Of course, it's only one-time use, and we could probably assume a card like this would be restricted to 1. It just seems...annoying though. One of the first things I thought of when I saw this card is Kreis the Light Monarch. Blasted Tragoedia and Ryu. Oh well.

Real Game Add-on: Ah, just imagine this thing with Disk Commander. Wow would that be chaotic. Certainly would've caused either Disk Commander to get banned much sooner, or this card to be banned. I really don't see this as being an intelligent card. It's one of those cards where it looks pretty good at first glance. But, the more I analyze it the more problems I start to find with it. I just don't like the meta with this card. Those Plants can just get back a Tytanniel when a Rose Token is destroyed or something. That's just annoying. Dark decks could be made faster with this; just revive Armageddon Knight and dump another monster. Or, revive a Lightsworn and set up for that Celestia blast next turn.

Again, it just seems like an easy solution to a relatively simple problem. I lost a monster, now what? Revive whatever I want? Sounds good to me. But, for this meta, no.

Well, that's all I have to say. Now I will give Rebirth Tablet my personal score.

Art: 4/4
Appearance: 1/1
Mechanic: 4/5
Effect Analysis: 12/20
Real Game Add-on: 5/10

Final rating: 6.5/10

What do you think of Rebirth Tablet? Would it be good for the real life game? Let your opinions be heard!
Back to top Go down
Zerachiel van Mark

Zerachiel van Mark

PostSubject: Re: ShadowBlade's Anime/Manga Card of the Day! 8/25/2009 - Rebirth Tablet   ShadowBlade's Anime/Manga Card of the Day! 8/25/2009 - Rebirth Tablet Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:35 pm

I'd say, Rebirth Tablet is my favorite card on DME. Yet I do aknowledge its a horrible card for real life. Frankly this card should only be used in Anime, since there are sneaky people out there who will surely abuse this card. If does transfered into real life, then the effect should be changed. Like set up a level limit or ATK limit and restrict this card to one per deck.

I love that card though.
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

PostSubject: Re: ShadowBlade's Anime/Manga Card of the Day! 8/25/2009 - Rebirth Tablet   ShadowBlade's Anime/Manga Card of the Day! 8/25/2009 - Rebirth Tablet Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:59 pm

ShadowBlade wrote:
Real Game Add-on: Ah, just imagine this thing with Disk Commander. Wow would that be chaotic. Certainly would've caused either Disk Commander to get banned much sooner, or this card to be banned. I really don't see this as being an intelligent card. It's one of those cards where it looks pretty good at first glance. But, the more I analyze it the more problems I start to find with it. I just don't like the meta with this card. Those Plants can just get back a Tytanniel when a Rose Token is destroyed or something. That's just annoying. Dark decks could be made faster with this; just revive Armageddon Knight and dump another monster. Or, revive a Lightsworn and set up for that Celestia blast next turn.

To be blunt, I've done Kreis with Regret Reborn. So, I know how abusive I can get with Appropriate with Tragoedia. So, I agree with you on it has problems.
Back to top Go down
https://ryukuzeemporium.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ShadowBlade's Anime/Manga Card of the Day! 8/25/2009 - Rebirth Tablet   ShadowBlade's Anime/Manga Card of the Day! 8/25/2009 - Rebirth Tablet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ShadowBlade's Anime/Manga Card of the Day! 8/25/2009 - Rebirth Tablet
Page 1 of 1