Ryu Kuze's Emporium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Nothing shall ever be the same in Ryu Kuze's Emporium.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ShadowBlade's Anime/Manga Card of the Day! 8/23/2009 - "What if?" Anime Cyber Dragon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade's Anime/Manga Card of the Day! 8/23/2009 - "What if?" Anime Cyber Dragon Empty
PostSubject: ShadowBlade's Anime/Manga Card of the Day! 8/23/2009 - "What if?" Anime Cyber Dragon   ShadowBlade's Anime/Manga Card of the Day! 8/23/2009 - "What if?" Anime Cyber Dragon Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 1:42 pm

Welcome, everybody, to a special Sunday edition of ShadowBlade's Anime/Manga Card of the Day!

For every Sunday, as long as I can keep it up, I'm going to try and review cards that are already in the real game, but whose effects are changed from the anime/manga.

This is less of a review, actually, and more involving you guys. I will be doing a small rundown of the effect and such. However, instead of scoring it I'll simply ask you guys whether you believe the version we have now is better for the game, or if we would be better off with the anime/manga version of the card.

So, crack open some caffeinated beverages and let's begin!

Today's card is...

Cyber Dragon
LIGHT / Machine / Effect / Level 5 / Atk 2100 / Def 1600
If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand.

Obviously most Yu-Gi-Oh! players are familiar with Cyber Dragon by now. However, what they may not realize is that the anime version is slightly different.

Cyber Dragon
LIGHT / Machine / Effect / Level 5 / Atk 2100 / Def 1600
If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Normal Summon this monster without Tribute.

It is a pretty significant difference when we think about why Cyber Dragon has been limited. I've always been able to ask, "What if we had the anime Cyber Dragon instead?" Perhaps even Konami has asked this question, because we now have Big Piece Golem who would pretty much be the anime Cyber Dragon. However, it is still not enough. We can still legitimately ask what the game would be like if we had the anime version of Cyber Dragon instead, though. It is greatly different from Big Piece Golem and has numerous Fusion Monsters that require it as a material.

What are your views on the anime Cyber Dragon as compared to the real one? Would Cyber Dragon still be limited if it was the anime version instead? Voice your opinions!
Back to top Go down
Zerachiel van Mark

Zerachiel van Mark

ShadowBlade's Anime/Manga Card of the Day! 8/23/2009 - "What if?" Anime Cyber Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: ShadowBlade's Anime/Manga Card of the Day! 8/23/2009 - "What if?" Anime Cyber Dragon   ShadowBlade's Anime/Manga Card of the Day! 8/23/2009 - "What if?" Anime Cyber Dragon Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 2:50 pm

I see. I dont think Cyber dragon would be that big of a hype if we had the anime version. Funny I never noticed the difference between the two.

We have nowadays a card somewhere with the same effect of the anime C-dragon, but he isnt that popular. (if he was I would have remembered his name)
I do know if we had the anime C-dragon, he wouldnt have been limited to one. And wouldnt have to put away my beloved Cyberend Dragon snik.

~Zerachiel van Mark~
Back to top Go down

ShadowBlade's Anime/Manga Card of the Day! 8/23/2009 - "What if?" Anime Cyber Dragon
Page 1 of 1