Ryu Kuze's Emporium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Nothing shall ever be the same in Ryu Kuze's Emporium.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is your favorite card?

Go down 
+3
ShadowBlade
Cyber Phoenix
Ryu Kuze
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

What is your favorite card? Empty
PostSubject: What is your favorite card?   What is your favorite card? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:58 pm

Discuss and no flaming.

My favorite card and the card I still try to use to this day is:

Ordeal of a Traveler
[Continuous Trap Card]
You can activate this card's effect when your opponent declares an attack. Your opponent selects 1 random card in your hand and calls the type of the card (Monster, Spell, or Trap). If your opponent calls it wrong, the attacking monster is returned to its owner's hand.
Back to top Go down
https://ryukuzeemporium.forumotion.com
Cyber Phoenix

Cyber Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite card?   What is your favorite card? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:01 pm

Hmm, my favorite card?

Well sir, I'd have to go with Levia-Dragon - Daedalus. This was perhaps the rarest card I'd ever pulled from a pack when Invasion of Chaos was first released. It inspired me to make my WATER deck which eventually faded away with time. However, Daedalus has stayed in my binder all these years and I intend on making a WATER deck again at some point featuring the big sea-serpent.
Back to top Go down
ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite card?   What is your favorite card? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:07 pm

Silent Swordsman!1!11!!1!!!one!!!!!

Silent Swordsman LV3
Attrib: Light
Type: Warrior/Effect
Level:3
Atk: 1000
Def: 1000
Negate the effects of your opponent's Spell Cards that designate this card. During your Standby Phase, send this face-up card to the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 "Silent Swordsman LV5" from your hand or Deck. (You can not activate this effect the turn this card is Normal Summoned, Special Summoned, or flipped face-up.)

Silent Swordsman LV5
Level:5
Atk: 2300
This card is unaffected by your opponent's Spell Cards. If this card successfully attacks your opponent's Life Points directly, during your next Standby Phase, send this face-up card to the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 "Silent Swordsman LV7" from your hand or Deck.

Silent Swordsman LV7
Level:7
Atk: 2800
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Silent Swordsman LV5". As long as this card remains face-up on your side of the the field, negate the effect of all Spell Cards on the field.

Silent Swordsman has an awesome sense of style.

Considering his changing abilities as he levels up, Silent Swordsman tends to remind me of myself in more than one way. For gameplay pluses, he tends to be a bit anti-meta. Back in the day when Brain Control was rampant, opponents would regularly blank and waste their Spell Cards on him.

One week, I traded my friend Chris a Zaborg the Thunder Monarch and...some other card, I forget...for 2 Silent Swordsman LV3. The next week after that, I debuted my Silent Swordsman / Light Deck. I happened to face Chris in the finals, and used the very Silent Swordsman cards he traded me to defeat his Monarch deck.

I pulled my original Silent Swordsman LV3 in a Rise of Destiny box I won back when I quit the game (for the first time) in early 2005. The box sat for weeks and weeks before I finally decided to open it. In one of the packs, I found the little guy and immediately took a liking to his art, design, and effect. Eventually, I got my hands on an entire set and they have been maining the frontline of most of my heroic decks ever since.
Back to top Go down
Fenian

Fenian

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite card?   What is your favorite card? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm

Warrior of Zera of course. He can go three ways: Darklord Zerato, Archangel Zerato, or Zera Summon, kind of like Eevee from Red/Blue. I'm just there to make sure he makes the right choice, which brings me to my second favorite, Archangel Zerato. Third Favorite? Totality of Ruler, such an obscure and often inneffective carrd, but its all about the statement.
Back to top Go down
S-o-F

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite card?   What is your favorite card? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:49 pm

Tune Warrior
Earth/Level 3
[Warrior/Tuner]
A radio-wave fighter that can be transferred by any frequency. Although its antenna is often extended, its reception isn't very good.
ATK/ 1600 DEF/ 200

This is what tuners were supposed to be, and I love Tune Warrior for it. Gets around all those level 4 or higher cards like Gravity Bind and such, and has decent attack. He's an old school vanilla, and has awesome armor. Not to mention he has his own equip spell, Synchro Hero (once again furthering the tuner/synchro idea). Not only that, but he's not a level 4 tuner. I hate level 4 tuners, they make synchroing waaay too easy and out of control. Him being a level 3 tuner makes it so that if you do synchro with him, you actually have to put some effort into it. If you find me a better Tuner then Tune Warrior, I will call you a liar and punch you in the face.
Back to top Go down
Fenian

Fenian

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite card?   What is your favorite card? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:28 pm

Too bad he can't match Warrior of Zera in defense. He's a brick wall!

Also, go vanillas!
Back to top Go down
ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite card?   What is your favorite card? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:37 pm

Fenian wrote:
Warrior of Zera of course. He can go three ways: Darklord Zerato, Archangel Zerato, or Zera Summon, kind of like Eevee from Red/Blue. I'm just there to make sure he makes the right choice, which brings me to my second favorite, Archangel Zerato. Third Favorite? Totality of Ruler, such an obscure and often inneffective carrd, but its all about the statement.

Zera the Mant, conveniently, is probably my favorite Vanilla Ritual (though, is Zera the Mant meant to be another evolution? I was always unsure about that). There's just something about it...maybe the art or something, very fun stuff.

EDIT: Nevermind; looking closer at Zera Ritual's art, I guess it is Zera, so it's not just coincidence by name. Four evolutions then (three of them being direct).

I remember Yori trying to make a deck revolving around speed-summoning Mazera Deville, as a way to drop the opponent to only 3 cards (after their Draw Phase) for their first turn. Pretty nasty stuff.

You know...you've just given me an idea, Arch. I've been lost on what decks to give certain characters for my writing, but after this discussion I think I'm going to build one character a deck featuring all of Zera's evolutions and some new CACs, maybe even a fifth "evolution" to complete the true homage of Eevee.
Back to top Go down
Fenian

Fenian

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite card?   What is your favorite card? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:57 pm

I've made some customs for Zera, I'll post them at some point after I find the file that I put in some obscure folder. But why even bother with other evolutions? There's a best one (Archangel Zerato) and a ugly one (Devil Mazera). Also, I think that Zera is some kind of monster ritual from Warrior of Zera's homeland, which explains why he's looking for the power of the Archangels. Devil Mazera is him going to the dark side (and his effect actually really impressive) and Darklord Zerato is....the worst card ever made. A fifth would be a fourth option I guess.
Back to top Go down
ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite card?   What is your favorite card? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:30 pm

Fenian wrote:
I've made some customs for Zera, I'll post them at some point after I find the file that I put in some obscure folder. But why even bother with other evolutions? There's a best one (Archangel Zerato) and a ugly one (Devil Mazera). Also, I think that Zera is some kind of monster ritual from Warrior of Zera's homeland, which explains why he's looking for the power of the Archangels. Devil Mazera is him going to the dark side (and his effect actually really impressive) and Darklord Zerato is....the worst card ever made. A fifth would be a fourth option I guess.

I would use all the evolutions because the character boasts multiple personalities, one of light and one of darkness. He's a pretty philosophical character, depicting how our actions can lead down several paths depending on our motivation and the consequences of those actions. Fits Zera's story pretty nicely.
Back to top Go down
S-o-F

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite card?   What is your favorite card? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:47 pm

ShadowBlade wrote:
Fenian wrote:

I would use all the evolutions because the character boasts multiple personalities, one of light and one of darkness. He's a pretty philosophical character, depicting how our actions can lead down several paths depending on our motivation and the consequences of those actions. Fits Zera's story pretty nicely.

That could work, but Zera's different options arent really meant to be used together. Theyre all designed to be the oppossite of each other. Well, maybe not in Darklord/Zera the Mant's case, but Deville is meant to discard so that the opponent doesnt have any light monsters, and Zerato is meant to cleanse the field of evil. They stem from the same theme, but using them together, even if it is meant to symbolize something/represent mutliple personalities, seems like a big no-no to me.
Back to top Go down
ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite card?   What is your favorite card? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:53 pm

S-o-F wrote:
That could work, but Zera's different options arent really meant to be used together. Theyre all designed to be the oppossite of each other. Well, maybe not in Darklord/Zera the Mant's case, but Deville is meant to discard so that the opponent doesnt have any light monsters, and Zerato is meant to cleanse the field of evil. They stem from the same theme, but using them together, even if it is meant to symbolize something/represent mutliple personalities, seems like a big no-no to me.

That's more or less exactly why I would be doing it. Razz Symbolism with philosophy is pretty fun to do, since it usually forces people to think outside a normal realm. It puts strange things into a perspective that you wouldn't be naturally inclined to follow. Thus far, it's for these reasons that I'm having fun with the planning for this villain.

Besides, we've all run vintage / variable decks by now. We know that it's possible to make opposite things work together. This is just a much deeper example.
Back to top Go down
Zerachiel van Mark

Zerachiel van Mark

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite card?   What is your favorite card? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 6:34 am

Huahahah, rise Zera, RISE!

There are different versions of the Zera story line, and I'll give you all mine. First we'll go with canon and non-canon Zera's.
Non-canon Zera's are the new ones; Dark Lord Zerato and Zeradias Herald of Heavens. The reason why I am excluding them is for the fact that Dark Lord is an intervention of Konami for players to use a more dark themed version of cards. Phantom of Choas really ruined alot of storylines by messing it up. Zeradias is purely for searching out Sanctuary in the sky, and saying that he is a Pre-Zerato form would mean that Archfiend General (who searches Pandemonium) is a pre-Mazera. I dont see any resambles from General to Mazera so I count Zeradias as non-cannon.

As for Zera de Mant, most people assume he is a alternate version of Mazera, but I disagree. The way Warrior of Zera sits on the throne led me to believe de Mant is a deiti or demi-god like being. Which might also explain why Heaven and Hell is trying to get him and to evolve.

Anyway, favorite card? This fellow:

Seiyaryu
LIGHT /Level 7
2500/2300
Vanilla. (The dragon in my avatar)

My first and all-time favorite card. During my first year as a duelist, this guy won me alot of matches. But as time passed he secretely kept him hidden in fear of anything happening to it. So far I've never seen a second Seiyaryu in Suriname so I might be the only one to have him. However I did notice someone had a newly looking Acid Traphole, a card that is only found alongside Seiyaryu and Salamandra (spellcard). I gave Salamandra to my cousin, who still has the spell eventhough she hates me and stopped dueling for a while. Acid Traphole I gave to my best friend, but someone stole it from him.

The only problem I get with Seiyaryu is that people say I have a pink feathered bird as favorite card. But lemme tell you this, one bad word about Seiyaryu and your head is going to fall off. Twisted Evil (NOT MEANT AS A THREAT)

Last edited by Zerachiel van Mark on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite card?   What is your favorite card? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 8:28 am

Zerachiel van Mark wrote:
The only problem I get with Seiyaryu is that people say I have a pink feathered bird as favorite card. But lemme tell you this, one bad word about Seiyaryu and your head is going to fall off. Twisted Evil

Seriously, no threats. I don't want to take serious action.
Back to top Go down
https://ryukuzeemporium.forumotion.com
ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite card?   What is your favorite card? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:27 am

Zerachiel van Mark wrote:
Seiyaryu
LIGHT /Level 7
2500/2300
Vanilla. (The dragon in my avatar)

Seiyaryu is the star monster of the original Soul Journey deck that I built. It contains mostly classic cards that nobody bothers to play anymore, even though they were once popular; Man-Eater Bug and Maha Valio, for example. One of the key combos is Ancient Rule right into Seiyaryu. The premise of the deck was that the oldies could still win against the new strategies with the right balance of power and concept.
Back to top Go down
x-slayer-999

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite card?   What is your favorite card? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 4:15 pm

I like Stardust Dragon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite card?   What is your favorite card? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite card?
Page 1 of 1