Ryu Kuze's Emporium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Nothing shall ever be the same in Ryu Kuze's Emporium.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ruduen

Ruduen

Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur Empty
PostSubject: Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur   Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:14 pm

Seeing as I now have peace, it's time for me to randomly review a card of the day! I don't plan on these being daily, seeing as I have a tendency to forget, but I'll post one of these whenever I remember to.

That being said, let's begin with an old filler arc card:

Twin Bow Centaur
[Magic Card]
Select a monster on your field and a monster on your opponent's field then flip a coin. If the coin lands heads then destroy your opponent's monster, if it lands tails then destroy your monster. This coin toss cannot be re-done. Inflict damage to the owner of the selected monster equal to the ATK of the selected monster. You must skip your battle phase during the turn you activate this card.

Note that that's DME's wording on it. The Wikia instead gives something that RFGs the monster instead of destroying it, which is a whole other beast in itself. Still, let's stick to DME's wording for now, and we can revisit it if necessary.

First off, Twin Bow Centaur is a destruction effect here. That means that there's advantages to be had through using it with stuff that likes being destroyed, or destroyed by card effects.

Next, it has a good amount of LP damage tied up into it. Again, it's something that can be used carefully with things such as Rainbow Life or Barrel, but it requires a good bit of combination. And if the damage is properly inflicted on your opponent, more power to you.

However, the centaur has several, gaping problems in it.

First, DME has the part that says that the coin toss cannot be redone. That means that using it in a coin or luck-based deck is relatively useless, since all of the items that you could pack to redo coin tosses are pointless here.

Second, while it's possible to combo the card, it means that you need to have the card itself, a monster on your opponent's field, as well as whatever combination you might need on yours, which could be a single monster, or a good deal more in terms of spells or traps to protect yourself and or deal with it.

The big clencher is that in order to use the effect, you have to skip your battle phase. So, not only are you taking a gamble on it, you're taking a gamble with an effect that has an outcome of you being unable to inflict direct damage afterwards. While a few monsters might make it worth the risk, the damage probably won't be.

In the end, while the card has a few good points in its damage and destruction and reusability, it's still a huge gamble to either use it or to be able to get the cards that can combo with it.

Art: 2/5 (Couple of headless horse statues with bows. Wait, what?)
Effect: 2/5 (Decent, but extremely risky)
Back to top Go down
Zerachiel van Mark

Zerachiel van Mark

PostSubject: Re: Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur   Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 7:44 am

Quote :
Yes.....his delicate parts are exposed.

Quote :
Did I mention their delicate parts are exposed?

This card was used by Darzt in his final duel with Pharaoh and Kaiba. I loved how it was used (but not the exposure of his delicate parts ><) Though I dont think people will use it in TGC. The effect is far too risky and only half as satisfing. The one sided burn effect is pretty neat, but giving up the battle phase? I dont think so.

Also Mr Rudeun, why is your name blue?

~ZvM~
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

PostSubject: Re: Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur   Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Zerachiel van Mark wrote:
Also Mr Rudeun, why is your name blue?

I'll answer that for you.

He's now a "Card of the Day" Reviewer. (AKA I've made a group like that and it's that color.)
Back to top Go down
https://ryukuzeemporium.forumotion.com
Fenian

Fenian

PostSubject: Re: Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur   Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:12 pm

How would one go about getting their name in green? Cash payment or do I have to make some kind of group?
Back to top Go down
Fenian

Fenian

PostSubject: Re: Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur   Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:16 pm

Also, I really like Twin Bow. There are ways to get around the no battle phase, especially if you're using something like D Hero Dragoon or Truth Reinforce. The risk is what makes it fun to use
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

PostSubject: Re: Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur   Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:30 pm

Fenian wrote:
How would one go about getting their name in green? Cash payment or do I have to make some kind of group?

Be in a group and currently I'm not trying to accept any more Yu-gi-oh Moderators since I've already got 3. (not including myself)

I don't mind cash but in all seriousness, (points to rules). Can't have credit card fraud.
Back to top Go down
Fenian

Fenian

PostSubject: Re: Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur   Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:50 pm

What kind of moderators are you looking for? I can do lots of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

PostSubject: Re: Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur   Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:50 pm

Fenian wrote:
What kind of moderators are you looking for? I can do lots of stuff.

You do realize that I have groups open and I'll receive "Pending Members" from it. Gengetsu Mods are already been decided. You can however be an Anime/Manga Mod if you like.
Back to top Go down
Ruduen

Ruduen

PostSubject: Re: Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur   Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:45 pm

Zerachiel van Mark wrote:
Quote :
Yes.....his delicate parts are exposed.

Quote :
Did I mention their delicate parts are exposed?

~ZvM~

It's worse in the Japanese version.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur   Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 08/28/09 - Twin Bow Centaur
Page 1 of 1