Ryu Kuze's Emporium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Nothing shall ever be the same in Ryu Kuze's Emporium.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 09/08/09 - Power Wall

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ruduen

Ruduen

Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 09/08/09 - Power Wall Empty
PostSubject: Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 09/08/09 - Power Wall   Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 09/08/09 - Power Wall Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 12:51 am

Today, we'll be taking a break from me being lazy to take a look at an old and dangerous card: Power Wall.

Power Wall
[Normal Trap Card]
Activate only when you would receive Battle Damage from a direct attack by a monster your opponent controls. Send any number of cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard to reduce the Battle Damage you would receive by the number of cards sent to the Graveyard by this effect x 100.

You're trading more or less your full deck in order to reduce damage. Almost any attack will give you the opportunity to mill a large chunk of cards in your deck. While the damage reduction is pretty good, you're still dealing with a single card that forces you to kill most of your cards, so unless you have a strategy that requires it, self-mill generally doesn't work.

Needless to say, there are a number of decks that want things sent to the grave. Graveyard effects about, and recycling cards can also make thinning a very possible thing.

One of the major issues is that you have to take a direct attack in order to use this card. However, that generally means you have a lot less defense when you're trying to activate it, so it's a good deal more risky.

In short, Power Wall's a card that does something well when you're trying for it, but if you're not milling large amounts with your deck, you shouldn't be using it. If you are, however, it's an ideal candidate.

Card: 3/5. If you're using it, then you're using it with cards that belong in the grave. If you don't have those, then it's use is very limited.
Art: 3.5/5. Not sure if there's a huge wall or anything, but it's still a nice background and reaction.
Back to top Go down
Fenian

Fenian

PostSubject: Re: Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 09/08/09 - Power Wall   Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 09/08/09 - Power Wall Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 11:57 pm

Funny enough, right after reading this I Found a great combo with this card:

Hollow Ghost (does 600 damage when cards are sent to the graveyard)+Absolute Death (DME exclusive I think) and Power Wall

that's game my friends, the only problem being Hooow Ghost is a Nomi level 7 monster; still, interesting nonetheless
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

PostSubject: Re: Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 09/08/09 - Power Wall   Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 09/08/09 - Power Wall Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 12:01 am

Fenian wrote:
Funny enough, right after reading this I Found a great combo with this card:

Hollow Ghost (does 600 damage when cards are sent to the graveyard)+Absolute Death (DME exclusive I think) and Power Wall

that's game my friends, the only problem being Hooow Ghost is a Nomi level 7 monster; still, interesting nonetheless

I can probably guess Rainbow already thought about that. =_=
Back to top Go down
https://ryukuzeemporium.forumotion.com
Fenian

Fenian

PostSubject: Re: Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 09/08/09 - Power Wall   Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 09/08/09 - Power Wall Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 7:04 pm

No, Rainbow doesn't have original ideas. He listens to whatever the mods have said then copies it. I was dueling one kid who had a very inteeresting deck; Wasteland, Non Aggresion Area, Choosing Machine, and finally Hollow Ghost. I made the suggestion since it would be an interesting combo to see pulled off.
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

PostSubject: Re: Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 09/08/09 - Power Wall   Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 09/08/09 - Power Wall Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:23 pm

Fenian wrote:
No, Rainbow doesn't have original ideas. He listens to whatever the mods have said then copies it. I was dueling one kid who had a very inteeresting deck; Wasteland, Non Aggresion Area, Choosing Machine, and finally Hollow Ghost. I made the suggestion since it would be an interesting combo to see pulled off.

He tried to copy my Tragoedia deck.
Back to top Go down
https://ryukuzeemporium.forumotion.com
Fenian

Fenian

PostSubject: Re: Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 09/08/09 - Power Wall   Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 09/08/09 - Power Wall Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:56 pm

Exactly, he copies decks, he doesn't make any of his own. He tried copying Soffy's Gigantech deck, from Dead Guardna to Millennium shield and shield wall. It failed.
Back to top Go down
S-o-F

PostSubject: Re: Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 09/08/09 - Power Wall   Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 09/08/09 - Power Wall Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:50 pm

Fenian wrote:
Exactly, he copies decks, he doesn't make any of his own. He tried copying Soffy's Gigantech deck, from Dead Guardna to Millennium shield and shield wall. It failed.

Lets not forget how he practically copied my synchro saying aswell.

Im a big fan of this card for many reasons. One is the fact that it negates damage. Thats always a plus. Two is that it does massive, uncontrollable milling. The fact that its uncontrollable balances it out, but at the same time it really helps decks like Exodia Necross and Cyberdarks (the deck it was originally made for). Its a great way to block damage and get some cards from the deck to the grave. This would work great with Astral Barrier. Theres too many combos to list with this thing, its just awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 09/08/09 - Power Wall   Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 09/08/09 - Power Wall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ruduen's Random Anime CotD - 09/08/09 - Power Wall
Page 1 of 1