Ryu Kuze's Emporium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Nothing shall ever be the same in Ryu Kuze's Emporium.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Recon Universe is open for business

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

Recon Universe is open for business Empty
PostSubject: Recon Universe is open for business   Recon Universe is open for business Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:04 am

Here's my post from Pojo that explains (most of) everything. Post cards here or ask any questions you may have.

Quote :
I'm not sure how this will work, but I'm trying to make the Recon universe a little more "open" to people. By this, I mean that I'm trying to get more involved in the CAC making. Recon will more or less be my attempt at a vague reconstruction of the entire game. This means I will only be keeping about 100-200 cards from the real game (up until Raging Battle, where the project originated; I'll add more from Prophecy and onwards if I see fit). The rest of the cards will be CAC. Everything as basic as Fissure, Brain Control, Judgement Dragon, etc will either be long extinct or non-existent entirely in the Recon universe. This gives out much more room to invent new cards without having to worry about inducing already existing OTKs, since none of them will exist.

Now, my original plan was to invite as many people as possible to submit CACs for review and we would all see what we as a writing community could do to the game. This is under the premise that redesigning the game should involve more than one major opinion. However, it's been presented to me that this would be a long and arduous process, involving pretty strict requirements on cards in order to keep everything balanced. I've also had someone point out that as the author of Recon I should feel empowered to produce everything as it is to my liking. I'm still dancing around with the idea, so for now I'm going to restrict possible card submissions to those close to me.

So, we'll try this for now. If you have unused CACs / CAC decks (or maybe even if they aren't unused) and you would like to help with the creation of the new Recon metagame, feel free to bounce some ideas off my head through MSN, PM, or whatever.

The only restrictions on submissions for now (other than obviously brokenness, etc) is to not submit any cards that build on already existing archetypes (up to Raging Battle), as none of them will probably make it to Recon. Also, if you're sending me a large list of cards that go together (or a deck) at once, try to label for me whether you would prefer them to be used for a hero, anti-hero, or villain.

For now, Recon's little catchphrase thing will be "Bringing dueling back to dueling." It's not meant to be funny or clever, really. It's what I legitimately want to try to do.

I don't know. It seems harmless to me. At the very least, if you send in some of your cards, you get a review for them, haha.
Back to top Go down
Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

Recon Universe is open for business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recon Universe is open for business   Recon Universe is open for business Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:44 am

I'd like to submit my CAC's from Duelist Legacy. Some are overpowered, *sheepish smile* and an edit here or there could help Recon's library of CAC's.

Follow the Blackwire link in my sig to see them all. afro
Back to top Go down

Recon Universe is open for business
Page 1 of 1