Ryu Kuze's Emporium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Nothing shall ever be the same in Ryu Kuze's Emporium.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Speed ____ (Participation encouraged)

Go down 
4 posters

What should the name of the card be?
Speed World 8
Speed ____ (Participation encouraged) Vote_lcap0%Speed ____ (Participation encouraged) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Speed Gate
Speed ____ (Participation encouraged) Vote_lcap100%Speed ____ (Participation encouraged) Vote_rcap
 100% [ 4 ]
Speed Realm
Speed ____ (Participation encouraged) Vote_lcap0%Speed ____ (Participation encouraged) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
(Insert your suggestion)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

Speed ____ (Participation encouraged) Empty
PostSubject: Speed ____ (Participation encouraged)   Speed ____ (Participation encouraged) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:28 pm

All righty, we're out to do two things here:

1. Vote on an acceptable / favored name for this card.

2. Decide which effects should stay / leave / have altered costs / be added / etc.

In Recon, we will be far beyond the reaches of the Speed World 2 recently featured in 5Ds. If 5Ds ever makes a Speed World 3, if I had used Speed World 2 in a story that is supposedly taking place after 5Ds (not as a sequel, but time wise), it wouldn't make much sense. Therefore, I've made my own.

However, in part of my ongoing journey to involve readers / CAC enthusiasts in the creation of the Recon metagame, I want you all to help me decide how the card should be redesigned, if at all.

I have purposely put more effects on this card than required in order to maximize brainstorming. This will be the Field Card for all of Recon's Riding Duels, so let's make it the best we can! The reason I ask for opinion is because I don't believe the reconstruction of the entire game should rest on one person's opinions. So, have at it!

A couple notes:
* I don't have art for this. Suggest some if you want.
* If you suggest your own name, it does NOT have to start with "Speed."
* I have changed the rule of "playing" non-"Speed Spell" cards to "activating" them. Since I do not want to make unnecessary Speed Spell versions of several cards in Recon, I am modifying the field to allow cushion for "activating the card" VS "activating the effect of the card."

Here is the template for the card:

Speed ____
Field Spell Card
Both players activate this card at the start of a Riding Duel. When you activate a non-"Spell Speed" Spell Card, you lose 2000 Life Points. During each Standby Phase (except the first turn), put 1 Speed Counter on this card (max. 12). Remove a number of Speed Counters from this card to apply 1 effect:

• 4: Inflict 800 damage to your opponent for each "Speed Spell" card in your hand.
• 5: Add 1 Spell Card in your Deck to your hand. That card cannot be activated or Set this turn.
• 6: Activate 1 non-"Spell Speed" Spell Card from your hand. You do not lose Life Points for activating that card.
• 7: Draw 1 card.
• 8: 1 monster you control can attack twice during this turn's Battle Phase.
• 12: End the Battle Phase.
Back to top Go down
Fenian

Fenian

PostSubject: Re: Speed ____ (Participation encouraged)   Speed ____ (Participation encouraged) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:06 pm

An interesting Speed Card. The activating a non Speed World Card is especially intriguing, though it seems that it would run into some problems with drawing whatever non-speed spell you added. The 6 and 7 Counters can set up an interesting combo, but it'd be nice to see more Speed Spells than Non - Speed Spells; the variety out there is very limited and giving Speed ____ the ability to use Brain Control/ Fissure isn't too heartening. I do think this is definitely a degree better than Speed World 2, it affects the Battle Phase rather than doing Speed World's 2 generic destroy one card.
Back to top Go down
ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

PostSubject: Re: Speed ____ (Participation encouraged)   Speed ____ (Participation encouraged) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:47 pm

Fenian wrote:
The 6 and 7 Counters can set up an interesting combo, but it'd be nice to see more Speed Spells than Non - Speed Spells; the variety out there is very limited and giving Speed ____ the ability to use Brain Control/ Fissure isn't too heartening.

This card will appear in a universe where Fissure and Brain Control no longer exist. Of course, your point is still taken. That's partly the reason why my Recon project exists. Very Happy Redesigning the game is fun!

Anyway, I agree with you on the lack of Speed Spells. I've been making a few to add to my stories; I'll probably also start a thread on here within the next day or so to see how many random Speed Spells we can make for fun. They really are a neat mechanic, so I'm disappointed that in most Riding Duels in 5Ds we're lucky if we see more than two or three.
Back to top Go down
Fenian

Fenian

PostSubject: Re: Speed ____ (Participation encouraged)   Speed ____ (Participation encouraged) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:38 pm

The only one we see is Angel Baton for 5D's Pot of Greed. Which is lame.
Back to top Go down
Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

PostSubject: Re: Speed ____ (Participation encouraged)   Speed ____ (Participation encouraged) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 9:14 pm

"Speed Gate, set on!!!" *Duel Mode on, Auto-Pilot, standby.*

Yeah, I like the sound of that. I can also see new effect monsters that could directly influence Speed Counters. Like if one is destroyed in battle, ditch a card in hand to add a Counter or something like that. That would help along with the addition of more speed spells.

Getting to twelve will require a lot of effort, but worth it to end the battle phase. Or if you have 12 counters, give up half to draw a card from the deck, the card drawn cannot be played the next turn and you cant use Speed World's effect for the remainder of the turn.

Just thinking out loud...anyway, back to my chapter writing. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Zerachiel van Mark

Zerachiel van Mark

PostSubject: Re: Speed ____ (Participation encouraged)   Speed ____ (Participation encouraged) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 9:26 am

I would recommend something different than "Speed".

Also, you mentioned in the future the language will be kind of different. Does that mean everyone will be speaking LEETSPEAK in Recon like that British proffesor theorized? It would be funny though.

"Meh are steeling ure monster!" Singer claimed.
"Oh noes! Are u summngn teh Omega Unit?" Brain asked.
"Lol I pwn u!"

Okay serious now. How about "Hyper Track" or "Hyper Speed"?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speed ____ (Participation encouraged)   Speed ____ (Participation encouraged) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speed ____ (Participation encouraged)
Page 1 of 1