Ryu Kuze's Emporium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Nothing shall ever be the same in Ryu Kuze's Emporium.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

6000 and counting

Go down 
+2
Ryu Kuze
S-o-F
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fenian

Fenian

6000 and counting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:13 am

After watching a recent DME tourney, I can safely say that some people are too lazy or boring to actually play this game. It was an X Saber deck vs a Fortune Lady deck, so initially I was excited. There was nothing to be excited about. Aside from running only the 'top tier' monsters from that category along with some obligatory Rescue Cat and Critter, the participants didnt even use support for their archetype. Here are the spell and traps played in the final two rounds:
4x Book of Moon
4x Compulsory Evacuation
5x Dimensional Imprisonment
1x Broken Earth
3X Mirror Force
2x Solemn Judgement
3x Tidal Wave
2x Blast of Phoenix Wing
2x Pitfall to Ha Des

Call of the Haunted and Tempest were used, though those are quite acceptable since most people do use them and there isn't anything wrong with them. Dimension Magic and the Fortune Lady Pot of Greed were seen once, the only archetype or sub type support used. Then everyone applauds how good it was...it was the same generic duel #121323 that goes on in low level RL tourneys. And then they talk about how exciting and stylish it was...it was craptastic.
Back to top Go down
S-o-F

PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:23 am

Zerachiel van Mark wrote:
S-o-F wrote:
Fenian wrote:
For me, I dont care wether my opponent uses meta or scrabble decks. All I ask for is a passionate duel with the sparks flying off.

How can a meta deck be passionate? It can be boring or calculating, but passionate is a long ways down the list.

Stuff like Brain Control, Mirror Force, Tidal Wave, whatever, it just makes the duel boring most of the time, though ive seen some cool use of Tidal Wave. Im not saying never use any of them, but its just much more interesting to see combos that take skill rather than just 1 for 1 'ur guy diez.' or 'free 2k burn'

Or in Honest's case "Ur guy diez u taek my monsturz atk as btl dmg lol". And this applies to every monster in the game except for The wicked avatar, which is absolutely and utterly ridiculouse, especially since it works for ANY light monster.
For your information, I use Honest in my Zerato deck. So no bashing Honest.
Every deck has a spark of passion...every card has a string of sweet violence.
Dont go all Anti-meta or anti-staple, because it all depends on the player using the cards.

If every deck has a spark of passion, and every card has a string of sweet violence, then why dont people try and use underused decktypes or underused cards? Cards like Brain Control, Tidal Wave, Mirror Force, Magic Cylinders, etc. lack that string of sweet violence because people lack the ability to build a single deck without including them in it. They lose that string when they become as common as a pidgey in gold version.

I'll repeat my biggest point here. If every card and deck truly have what you say, then why is it that people can't drop their Torrential Tributes and Brain Controls and play those cards?
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:23 am

S-o-F wrote:
I'll repeat my biggest point here. If every card and deck truly have what you say, then why is it that people can't drop their Torrential Tributes and Brain Controls and play those cards?

Torrential Tribute, I don't see being dropped. Brain Control, I can see it being replaced.

It all depends on what you use for "staples"

I use only 4:
Heavy Storm
Call of the Haunted
Torrential Tribute
Mirror Force

and what Rumia said is that she uses about 17 staples. Most of them are magics.
Back to top Go down
https://ryukuzeemporium.forumotion.com
Fenian

Fenian

PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 11:43 am

Ryu Kuze wrote:

Torrential Tribute, I don't see being dropped. Brain Control, I can see it being replaced.

It all depends on what you use for "staples"

I use only 4:
Heavy Storm
Call of the Haunted
Torrential Tribute
Mirror Force

and what Rumia said is that she uses about 17 staples. Most of them are magics.

I don't see how using the same 17 cards in every deck can distinguish one deck from the next--did you pick X Sabers or Red Eyes? I dunno, I drew Brain Control, Fissure, Earth Crush, Lightning Vortex and Pot of Avarice, it could be any of my decks!

Call of the Haunted is pretty standard fare--though I don't like the idea of my monsters being Ghosts--as is Heavy Storm, and almost everyone uses Mirror Force. I don't like Tidal Wave when its used to just rape your opponent's field with one monster, but it isn't terrible. My idea of staples are Kounton no Barrier- Chaos Field, Angel Blast, Command Silencer, Special Hurricane, and Totality of Ruler.
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:20 pm

Fenian wrote:
I don't see how using the same 17 cards in every deck can distinguish one deck from the next--did you pick X Sabers or Red Eyes? I dunno, I drew Brain Control, Fissure, Earth Crush, Lightning Vortex and Pot of Avarice, it could be any of my decks!

Call of the Haunted is pretty standard fare--though I don't like the idea of my monsters being Ghosts--as is Heavy Storm, and almost everyone uses Mirror Force. I don't like Tidal Wave when its used to just rape your opponent's field with one monster, but it isn't terrible. My idea of staples are Kounton no Barrier- Chaos Field, Angel Blast, Command Silencer, Special Hurricane, and Totality of Ruler.

She called Earch Crush, Brain Control, and Lightning Vortex staples, if I recall correctly, and she was wondering why I use so many traps.
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:23 pm

Fenian wrote:
After watching a recent DME tourney, I can safely say that some people are too lazy or boring to actually play this game. It was an X Saber deck vs a Fortune Lady deck, so initially I was excited. There was nothing to be excited about. Aside from running only the 'top tier' monsters from that category along with some obligatory Rescue Cat and Critter, the participants didnt even use support for their archetype. Here are the spell and traps played in the final two rounds:
4x Book of Moon
4x Compulsory Evacuation
5x Dimensional Imprisonment
1x Broken Earth
3X Mirror Force
2x Solemn Judgement
3x Tidal Wave
2x Blast of Phoenix Wing
2x Pitfall to Ha Des

Call of the Haunted and Tempest were used, though those are quite acceptable since most people do use them and there isn't anything wrong with them. Dimension Magic and the Fortune Lady Pot of Greed were seen once, the only archetype or sub type support used. Then everyone applauds how good it was...it was the same generic duel #121323 that goes on in low level RL tourneys. And then they talk about how exciting and stylish it was...it was craptastic.

There's a Yu-gi-oh Tournament Reports section in Yu-gi-oh if I recall, so go post there if you want to talk about a Duel Monsters Expert Tournament.
Back to top Go down
Zerachiel van Mark

Zerachiel van Mark

PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:09 pm

S-o-F wrote:
S-o-F wrote:
Fenian wrote:
For me, I dont care wether my opponent uses meta or scrabble decks. All I ask for is a passionate duel with the sparks flying off.

How can a meta deck be passionate? It can be boring or calculating, but passionate is a long ways down the list.

Stuff like Brain Control, Mirror Force, Tidal Wave, whatever, it just makes the duel boring most of the time, though ive seen some cool use of Tidal Wave. Im not saying never use any of them, but its just much more interesting to see combos that take skill rather than just 1 for 1 'ur guy diez.' or 'free 2k burn'

Or in Honest's case "Ur guy diez u taek my monsturz atk as btl dmg lol". And this applies to every monster in the game except for The wicked avatar, which is absolutely and utterly ridiculouse, especially since it works for ANY light monster.
For your information, I use Honest in my Zerato deck. So no bashing Honest.
Every deck has a spark of passion...every card has a string of sweet violence.
Dont go all Anti-meta or anti-staple, because it all depends on the player using the cards.

If every deck has a spark of passion, and every card has a string of sweet violence, then why dont people try and use underused decktypes or underused cards? Cards like Brain Control, Tidal Wave, Mirror Force, Magic Cylinders, etc. lack that string of sweet violence because people lack the ability to build a single deck without including them in it. They lose that string when they become as common as a pidgey in gold version.

Because my friends, *talks in old-japanese-sensei-accent* It is people using cards without passion. People no want passion anymore, people want win. And for win, they abandon passion.
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 9:49 pm

Because my friends, *talks in old-japanese-sensei-accent* It is people using cards without passion. People no want passion anymore, people want win. And for win, they abandon passion.[/quote]

=_= Ok, I'll tell you what happens when passion meets desire.

People have desire to win, do not care about their deck and go for whatever is out there, AKA. meta. Passion is different when you actually want to fight until the last Life Point is gone.

If I didn't make any sense whatsoever, don't flame me for it.
Back to top Go down
Zerachiel van Mark

Zerachiel van Mark

PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:03 am

Quote :
If I didn't make any sense whatsoever, don't flame me for it.
Actually you formulated it better than me.

Passion is dueling to win for the sake of the duel.
Meta-decks are dueling to win for the sake of winning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6000 and counting
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ryu Kuze's Emporium :: Anonymonous Menu :: Emporium Archives-
Jump to: