Ryu Kuze's Emporium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Nothing shall ever be the same in Ryu Kuze's Emporium.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

6000 and counting

Go down 
+2
Ryu Kuze
S-o-F
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
S-o-F

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:36 am

Lately I've noticed quite abit of awfulness in the decks of DME. I build my decks so that usually I have plenty of counters to such terrible cards, and I always get a nice fuzzy feeling when I do. Its not hard to take out generic player #2497's Lightning Vortex or Mirror Force or Magic Cylinders and whatnot. The fact that such cards are used isnt whats been bothering me. Its how boring duels have been because of them.

Lately theres been a mass number of n00bs on DME. Most of whom havent even the slightest idea what creative is, and only know their Pitfalls to Ha Des, Dimensional Prisons, Grand Moles, and other easy monster removal. Sometimes theyre annoying. Usually I laugh at such cards and chain Snowfall Sword or Battle Zone to their generic removal. But theres been so much of it lately that its not even entertaining anymore. Its at a point where every single noob out there is runnng the same generic set of spells/traps with a random ass, and occassionaly themed set of monsters. Its blandy blandness, and terribly boring.

Now, noobs aside, Ive noticed a change in most of the regular's play aswell. I thought that with the new banlist at least some good changes would come about. But I can now see that I was terribly wrong. Every deck now has that one Solemn in it. What are meant to be character decks (Yusei's, for example) for some reason have Mirror Force, Gouyou Guardian, and Solemn Judgement. Secret Village of the Magic tribe is abundantly used, and people like Thrax Lord have even gone far enough as to come up with the most retarded lock ever (Uses Winged/Regular Kuriboh to negate damage, removes them for Chaos Sorcerer, summons Exodios, uses Chaos Sorcerer to remove anything with over 3200 attack, tributes both for that 3200 spellcaster that negates traps, summons Whorus. The deck would actually be much more efficient if he ran Village, but lets thank gawd hes too much of a dumbass for that). Ive seen a supossed "Midevil" deck has Junk Synchron and every generic synchro in the book, a short circuit deck thats basically "lol u cnat haz monstur on field 4 more den 1 turnz", a dual deck that swarms the field, a deck that spams Exodios, Barbaros, and Eatos, a deck that ruins Fleur De Chavalier by spamming it with Quick Synchron, and many many many other awful decks.

Look, I'm not saying "EVERYONE RUN DE-SPELL!" Im not saying that everyone should run a bunch of awful, crappy cards in their decks. Im not angry because I lost to the listed decks, because its pretty 50/50 with them. Im saying that in a game with 6000 cards, you can probably find a lot cooler cards then the same generic 20 spells and traps you run in every deck. No, some of them arent as easy to play as the generic 20, but they certainly are a lot more fun to play with and against. I mean, if winning isnt important, then whats the harm in varying your deck a little so that it has some unique combos/cards? Thats the one thing I dont get. Whenever I talk about this, people tell me I'm a sore loser, and that I want everyone to run decks that make them a pushover, and that I just don't like being faced with challenges. But really, if I hated losing so much, why wouldnt I just net-deck every duel? The answer is because I dont care if I win or lose. The outcome is meaningless if the process wasnt fun. And because winning is so unimportant to me, I can run cards like Astral Barrier and Bronze Knights and Thousand Punisher, and Unholy Barrier - Dark Mirror Force, aswell as loads of other cards people wouldnt even consider putting into their decks. Because it makes challenges, because some of the cards are a lot harder to use then "ur guy diez", because they make it so that my opponent can actually complete their moves and combos and be a threat, while still maintaining my ability to make an amazing comeback. And its just bewildering to me that people can't take a break from their meta cards and play with some underused stuff, because if they do they go "lol dis sucks" and go back to their old decks, because they cant handle losing.

If theres one thing that I know about myself, its that I appreciate the journey more then the finale. If I have to do something, I like doing it more then I like finishing it. Of coarse I'm doing my best, and shooting for the top. But if I cheat or ease my way through something without a challenge, then the entire debocle was pointless in the first place. If I'm dueling, I'm going to give it everything I've got. And I'm going to do everything in my power to win. But I'm going to do it with cards that allow me to have fun along the way. And if in the end thats not good enough, then I'm ok with that. Because just having the enjoyment of pulling off one combo, or playing one card that I find exciting is enough to make me enjoy the duel. And if I'm having fun, then thats all that matters. Because thats why people play games. Because theyre fun. And let me tell ya, the generic 20 arent fun.

So to all of you meta players, and net decks, and easy removal guys, I have one thing to say to you. Change it up. Run a 50 or 60 card deck. Use a card because you think the artwork on it is cool. Use Dark Tournament instead of Waboku. Make a Dark Blade deck. Throw out the Pitfalls and the Torrential Tributes and Bribes and Fissures and Vortexes. Try a deck without synchros. Make a deck with just one of each card. Summon FGD with Fusion. Use cards the way they were meant to be, and not the way that theyre made broken. You can duel a million and one times over. What does it matter if you lose one or two of them? What does it matter if you cant instantly destroy an opponents card? 6000 cards and counting, people. Lets put the 5000 that are sleeping away to some use.

Note that this post is not directed at anyone. Its just to get you thinking. Read this and really think about whether or not you are one of the people Im talking about. I mean REALLY think. I dont think anybody on here is, but maybe you do. And if you do, please, at least once, try something new. If your not, then I applaud you for marching to the beat of a different drummer.
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:38 am

I know what you mean, but in all seriousness, people build what they have in real life for TCG. There's not really a solution for that, is there?
Back to top Go down
https://ryukuzeemporium.forumotion.com
Link
Legend of Hyrule
Link

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:39 am

Long post is long, why dont you put that in the Blog/Rants section?
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:46 am

Link wrote:
Long post is long, why dont you put that in the Blog/Rants section?

Done.
Back to top Go down
Fenian

Fenian

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:10 am

I'm sick of working around the generic staples too; its much easer with the custom and anime cards, but its still annoying. That actuall brings another problem: DME has 6000 cads, and there are so many underrated cards with just broken effects (Ryo has broken most of them). Stygian Nest gives you an easy OTK by dumping Armitael then giving Brron 10000 ATK. Kazuki Stage Rough Seas, which once per turn adds a level 5 or higher monster to your hand, and your opponent can too on their turn. But Wait! If you tribute it, yo can add one to your hand from your deck, reuse the effect, tribute for the thrid...and you ropponent cant use it! (Chaos Sorceror/Whorus Lock). Im not sure if Karma Cut is a real card, Im just not that savvy, but if it is I want to hang myself (RFG one oppnents monster and all in the grave.) Also, Paul (Link) is right; many new players use what they do in real life. Why? The game has 5000 more cards than 90% of the players, and 5500 more than me--use some new stuff. In my best deck, Im hanging with Space Mambo, Jougen, and my personal favorite, Faith in the Draw.

Creativity is fun. Its what lets you do a DD Return+ Space Pirate OTK. Its what Soul Releases an Army of Zombies. Its using Magic Negation Barrier for poops and giggles. Have you ever seen a 7100 ATK level 1 monster (Not Abomination, but him too)? Try something new!

P.S. Character decks have never had: Fissure, Earth Crush, Lightning Vortex, etc. Yugi deck had Mirror Force and Magical Cylinder and Brain Control, but he had like a 100 card deck. Jack does NOT run Broniac.
Back to top Go down
S-o-F

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:17 am

Ive had a 11900 attack level 2 monster. Fox Fire + Buster Rancher + Union attack vs. Super Vehicroid Stealth Union. Fox Fire wins Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:35 am

Fenian wrote:
Im not sure if Karma Cut is a real card, Im just not that savvy, but if it is I want to hang myself (RFG one oppnents monster and all in the grave.)

Shadow of Infinity.
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:04 am

Fenian wrote:
Im not sure if Karma Cut is a real card, Im just not that savvy, but if it is I want to hang myself (RFG one oppnents monster and all in the grave.)

You can go hang yourself now.
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:03 am

S-o-F wrote:
Ive had a 11900 attack level 2 monster. Fox Fire + Buster Rancher + Union attack vs. Super Vehicroid Stealth Union. Fox Fire wins Very Happy

I said it once, but I'll say it again. CHANGE YOUR AVATAR.
Back to top Go down
Fenian

Fenian

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:37 pm

Sab, I foubd the set it was in literally right after I said that, goodbye worl.
Back to top Go down
ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:26 pm

Fenian wrote:
Sab, I foubd the set it was in literally right after I said that, goodbye worl.

I would provide a eulogy and funeral service. However, that's Zera's job.

I don't know, though. Karma Cut isn't one of the worst pieces of destruction out there (if you even constitute it as destruction because of what it actually does), but it is pretty good. The discard definitely gives it some sort of balance, but it a rather annoying card with which to deal considering most decks don't pack RFG resurrection.
Back to top Go down
S-o-F

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:43 pm

Theres also the fact that most decks dont pack RFG negation, so 9/10 times your going to get its effect off and remove a monster, and all other copies of that monster from the game, which will most likely be permanent. Even with the discard, its like a souped up Raigeki. Bad easy RFG card is bad
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:07 am

Might as well say this:

Quote :
Congratulations to The Knight of Power for winning this week's tournament!

What deck was he using?
Back to top Go down
Fenian

Fenian

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:44 am

He was running...soemthing . Karma Cut really doesn't balance with one discard, because almost every deck doesnt prepare for a any time RFG, maybe they can stop Dimensional Prison before it is used, but thats about it. It really ruins something when you pull out your big monster after 3 turns and the opponet just goes Lolz RFG when you have Angel Blast or My Body as A Shield ready.
Back to top Go down
Fenian

Fenian

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:46 am

Also, don't dis DeSpell
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:46 am

I'm at the point of which I'm not going to care much for the new players. I'm close enough to mute all the n00bs.
Back to top Go down
Zerachiel van Mark

Zerachiel van Mark

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:59 pm

Sigh, you American kids with your top tier hundred dollar decks and your official Shonen Jump tournaments and your exclusive cards and your Konami world tournaments...

In my home country of Suriname we have to walk 15 miles to get to the only gameshop selling cards. We can only afford 1 booster pack and have to share it with our 9 siblings. Our decks only have cards we can afford. It cost me 13 years before I finally saw a real Harpie Feather Duster and another 4 years before I finally own one. Our toptier decks are Kuriboh Synchro and Soitsu OTK. I had a freaking Thousand Dragon in my deck for godsake!

Oke, maybe the above is a little extremer than in reality, but there was indeed a Thousand Dragon in my deck. And Karma Cut is considert a staple around here. How could you not see that?

Also:

Dearly beloved, we have gathered here today....
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:05 am

Zerachiel van Mark wrote:
Sigh, you American kids with your top tier hundred dollar decks and your official Shonen Jump tournaments and your exclusive cards and your Konami world tournaments...

My Stall Advantage deck is NOWHERE near 100 dollars.
Back to top Go down
S-o-F

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:34 am

Dueled a light machine deck today with Gouyou in it. I was taking the Tech Genius monsters for a spin. Summoned Tech Genius Wonder Magician and took out Haseo's Blue Thunder T45. On his turn he uses Tech Genius Cyber Magician to pull out Gouyou (sent Alpha Cyber Dragon from his hand -_-). On my turn I topdeck Tech Genius Striker, special summon him, summon Lengaurd, synchro into Tech Genius Power Gladiator, attack my Cyber Magician that he took and do some massive piercing. Play a facedown and its his turn. He attacks with Gouyou, I activate Wicked Reborn to bring back Wonder Magician and bring out Tech Genius Blade Gunner (who is absolutely awesome IMO). Im feeling good cause Im countering his gayness with awesome stuff. And what does he do? He attacks with his token, and discards Honest. I dont have the LP to remove Blade Gunner and protect him, and lose.

Just an example of the stuff Im talking about with this blog/rant
Back to top Go down
Zerachiel van Mark

Zerachiel van Mark

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 10:10 am

For me, I dont care wether my opponent uses meta or scrabble decks. All I ask for is a passionate duel with the sparks flying off.
Back to top Go down
Fenian

Fenian

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:43 pm

For me, I dont care wether my opponent uses meta or scrabble decks. All I ask for is a passionate duel with the sparks flying off.

How can a meta deck be passionate? It can be boring or calculating, but passionate is a long ways down the list.

Stuff like Brain Control, Mirror Force, Tidal Wave, whatever, it just makes the duel boring most of the time, though ive seen some cool use of Tidal Wave. Im not saying never use any of them, but its just much more interesting to see combos that take skill rather than just 1 for 1 'ur guy diez.' or 'free 2k burn'
Back to top Go down
S-o-F

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:47 pm

Fenian wrote:

How can a meta deck be passionate? It can be boring or calculating, but passionate is a long ways down the list.

Stuff like Brain Control, Mirror Force, Tidal Wave, whatever, it just makes the duel boring most of the time, though ive seen some cool use of Tidal Wave. Im not saying never use any of them, but its just much more interesting to see combos that take skill rather than just 1 for 1 'ur guy diez.' or 'free 2k burn'

Or in Honest's case "Ur guy diez u taek my monsturz atk as btl dmg lol". And this applies to every monster in the game except for The wicked avatar, which is absolutely and utterly ridiculouse, especially since it works for ANY light monster.
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 2:08 pm

S-o-F wrote:
Or in Honest's case "Ur guy diez u taek my monsturz atk as btl dmg lol". And this applies to every monster in the game except for The wicked avatar, which is absolutely and utterly ridiculouse, especially since it works for ANY light monster.

True Honest spammers use Armed Changer.
Back to top Go down
Zerachiel van Mark

Zerachiel van Mark

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 2:25 pm

S-o-F wrote:
Fenian wrote:

For your information, I use Honest in my Zerato deck. So no bashing Honest.
Every deck has a spark of passion...every card has a string of sweet violence.
Dont go all Anti-meta or anti-staple, because it all depends on the player using the cards.
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 2:27 pm

For your information, I use Honest in my Zerato deck. So no bashing Honest.
Every deck has a spark of passion...every card has a string of sweet violence.
Dont go all Anti-meta or anti-staple, because it all depends on the player using the cards.

I'll be right back with an idea before this becomes too out of hand.

EDIT: If you guys argue over Honest or any more cards in here, this thread becomes locked. Got it?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

6000 and counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6000 and counting   6000 and counting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6000 and counting
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ryu Kuze's Emporium :: Anonymonous Menu :: Emporium Archives-
Jump to: