Ryu Kuze's Emporium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Nothing shall ever be the same in Ryu Kuze's Emporium.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The bias of DME

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
S-o-F

The bias of DME Empty
PostSubject: The bias of DME   The bias of DME Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 4:05 pm

Im sure most of you have read Ryu's rant on DME. Well, I'm here to shine a little more light onto the subject of the byond game "Duel Monsters Expert." So that you can fully understand just how awful of a game it really is.

On DME theres a small group of regulars, most of whom are mods/admins in the game. Theyre on all day everyday, and although most of them do not duel, they do stand around in a group and take every and any opprotunity they get to insult, disprove, or break people's ideas/cards/decks/theories/etc.

Why you ask? Well, nobodies really sure why one large sum of people would have to be so anal about everything. I theorize that they don't have much of a social life outside of the computer (I'm not taking the whole "ur a nerd wit no lief" approach here, this is an honest theory) and feel empowered when theyre able to bully and control people for once in their life. I also think that because the game is all they have, they feel threatened if someone new comes along and tries to get involved because they think the person will ruin it, or something of that matter.

Bottom line is these people should not be running the game. Now, Dante and Dev (basically the leaders of the game) are very cool guys. They run creative decks, and do a lot of work to keep the game cool. Hyze, another mod, is usually alright too. They also help in proving how everyone else in the group is biased.

This group consists of the following people. I wont use keynames or usernames, just what everyone calls them: Annette, Rumia, Kitsune, Kinna, Ali, and Duke. Theyre all mods, save Ali, and they really bring down what could be a very popular game.

When it comes to customs, theirs always get entered into the game. Doesnt matter how broken, or unfair, or ridiculously overpowered, they are. You get 4 custom card submissions a week, and they get all 4 of theirs in when they submit them. I am not exaggerating here people. The only time their customs are denied is when theyre ridiculously broken, in which case they just submit it with a slightly different effect and viola, its in. Meanwhile other regulars like Archangel and Zane Holtz have to edit and edit and edit and edit their cards, only to have about ONE of them accepted. Once again, I do not exaggerate. Dante is in charge of the custom cards sections, but mods can also browse the section and remove things they think are broken. There have even been some cases where cards of Arch and mine have been removed before Dante has even seen them. None of the 6 people above like us, or our decks. Now, what do you think happened if Dante never saw the cards we submitted? Obviously a different mod went around and removed them. Can you please tell me why they removed this card?

Gigantic Defender
Dark/Level 5/Warrior/Attack: 1000/Defense 2400
Once per turn, when this monster is in face up attack position, it is not destroyed as a result of battle. When you take 500 or more damage from this card battling, you can special summon 1 "Defender Token" (Dark/Warrior/Level 1/Atk: 500/Def: 500/This monster cannot declare an attack. If there is a face up "Gigantic Warrior" on your side of the field, your opponent cannot select this card as an attack target) to your side of the field in attack position.

And yet, cards like these that they submit get entered.

Crisis Tuning
[Trap Card ]
You can only activate this card when your opponent controls 2 or more monsters with a total combined ATK higher than 2000 and you control no monsters. Special Summon 1 "Assist Token" (Fiend-Type/EARTH/Level 4/ATK 1400/DEF 1100) to your side of the field. This token is treated as a Tuner.

Stygian Nest
[Field Magic Card ]
The DEF of all monsters on the field other than Fiend-Type monsters becomes 0. When a Fiend-Type monster is successfully Normal Summoned or Flip Summoned, that card's controller can negate that monster's effect to select 1 Fiend-Type monster in their respective Graveyard and remove it from play. As long as it remains face-up on the field, the summoned monster is treated as having the same effect(s) as the removed monster.

Granted, Crisis Tuning is a pretty good card, but my qualms with it lie in that its basically saying "lol have dis lv 8 synchro". I mean, the requirements to use it arent that hard. It could easily be used the first or second turn of the duel. And Stygian Nest? This thing really is broken. Foolish Burial anyone? Next fiend you summon can have the effect of just about every boss fiend out there. Dreadroot, Eraser, Avatar, any Yubel Form, Norlerath, Ccapac Apu, the list goes on.

My guess as to why this happens is because nobody on the game has the balls to tell their friend off. They cant say "your card is broken" or a fight between the two will ensue. You can be friends with your mods/admins, but buisness is buisness. If theyre out of line, you need to say something. This doesnt ever happen though. The mods continually abuse their powers to their liking without ever getting called on it. Arguing with a mod? Youll get booted or possibly banned. Getting insulted by one and decide to fight back? Booted and banned.

When I started using a psychic deck (loved Hyper Psycho Gunner Very Happy) I changed my in game name to Psycho Ruler. Kitsune sees this, says "Your ignorant and pompouse for adding "Ruler" to your name." And boots me in the middle of a duel. All because she didnt like my username. I didnt do anything wrong, or say anything. She just didnt like it. Funniest part about it is that for awhile she would run around calling herself the queen of DME and literally terrorizing new players with taunts and threats.

Another time her and a player by the name of Knight were talking about the next Bleach chapter before it came out. I asked them to stop talking about spoilers in a very polite way because the chapter wasnt released yet. They told me that I shouldnt be on the game if I didnt want to hear spoilers, and that they hadnt mentioned anything HUGE (even though after reading it later that week I discovered they ruined about half teh chapter). A few days later I get banned for talking about the new 5D's episode 2 days after it came out, because Duke doesnt watch it until its subbed and he didnt want to hear about it.

As mentioned in Ryu's post, people constantly get yelled at for not liking cards. They fail to realize that not liking something isnt the same as complaining about it. Not like complaining is a sin anyways. What if people never complained, ever? We'd have slavery and opression running amok is what would happen. Its not always a bad thing, especially when your doing it about something thats bad. Yet I get yelled for at all the time, when I seldom do it. Then people like Dante and Dev agree with me, and nobody says anything. Or Dante and Dev will complain, and everyone will agree with them. It makes no sense. I think its very ignorant how everything anyone else does is immediatly put down, but the same things they do are praised. Its very hypocritical. The sad part is that the game could be a great place (and usually is when all of those people are gone), but with them around its like being in prison. No freedom

Last edited by Ryu Kuze on Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixing up post, since not everyone knows Ryu = Sabata. Also, Kinna IS a mod.)
Back to top Go down
Fenian

Fenian

The bias of DME Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bias of DME   The bias of DME Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:29 pm

A little much, but yeah, I hate that custom card BS. On one of Ryo's pages I put up cards of mine that didnt get accepted, then we get cards like Stygian nest which has spawned countless OTKs, the ever awful Plushies whose only weakness seems to be Level Limit Area B and Chain Exclusion, and a Mist Wurm/Buster that field bounces. Unless your buddy buddy with the Admins, the only cards you can get accepted are bland, all but useless cards that probably have much better counterparts
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

The bias of DME Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bias of DME   The bias of DME Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:16 pm

Fenian wrote:
A little much, but yeah, I hate that custom card BS. On one of Ryo's pages I put up cards of mine that didnt get accepted, then we get cards like Stygian nest which has spawned countless OTKs, the ever awful Plushies whose only weakness seems to be Level Limit Area B and Chain Exclusion, and a Mist Wurm/Buster that field bounces. Unless your buddy buddy with the Admins, the only cards you can get accepted are bland, all but useless cards that probably have much better counterparts

Both of you know the Trifecta lock I might make. So yeah, I know the situation.
Back to top Go down
https://ryukuzeemporium.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

The bias of DME Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bias of DME   The bias of DME Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The bias of DME
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ryu Kuze's Emporium :: Anonymonous Menu :: Emporium Archives-
Jump to: