Ryu Kuze's Emporium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Nothing shall ever be the same in Ryu Kuze's Emporium.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyber Phoenix

Cyber Phoenix

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach Empty
PostSubject: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach   Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 12:21 am

Last edited by Cyber Phoenix on Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cyber Phoenix

Cyber Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach   Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:43 pm

Hmm, maybe I'll start working on characters bios and a synopsis of the current plot? Or would that be revealing too much? What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach   Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:52 pm

Cyber Phoenix wrote:
Hmm, maybe I'll start working on characters bios and a synopsis of the current plot? Or would that be revealing too much? What do you guys think?

Character bios is fine. Synopsis of the current plot: No, due to you having at least 6 turns already and more is going to be on the way, if you reveal too much in the Synopsis, it'll ruin the storyline that you've made (AKA. all you have to do is read the Synopsis and go into the recent turn). What I'm willing to suggest is to make a summary of what's going on before the first turn happens to get into the story.
Back to top Go down
https://ryukuzeemporium.forumotion.com
Cyber Phoenix

Cyber Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach   Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:56 pm

Ryu Kuze wrote:
Cyber Phoenix wrote:

Character bios is fine. Synopsis of the current plot: No, due to you having at least 6 turns already and more is going to be on the way, if you reveal too much in the Synopsis, it'll ruin the storyline that you've made (AKA. all you have to do is read the Synopsis and go into the recent turn). What I'm willing to suggest is to make a summary of what's going on before the first turn happens to get into the story.

Oh, you're right! Sounds like a good plan, setting up a backstory/basis on what's going on right before Turn 1, right? I'll see what I can do. :p
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach   Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:03 am

Cyber Phoenix wrote:
Oh, you're right! Sounds like a good plan, setting up a backstory/basis on what's going on right before Turn 1, right? I'll see what I can do. :p

Exactly, if the person can't get into Turn 1, what would be the point in reading it? See what I'm saying. :p
Back to top Go down
Cyber Phoenix

Cyber Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach   Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:04 am

Yeah, I get it! Thanks for the advice. I'll start getting to work on the bios and background/set-up.
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach   Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:06 am

Cyber Phoenix wrote:
Yeah, I get it! Thanks for the advice. I'll start getting to work on the bios and background/set-up.

Not a problem. Not like you'll get this type of advice on Pojo. :p
Back to top Go down
Cyber Phoenix

Cyber Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach   Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:16 am

You never know. Pojo has its shining moments with a few of its members. I'm sure ShadowBlade or Swm might've said something to help me.
Back to top Go down
ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach   Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 3:30 am

Cyber Phoenix wrote:
You never know. Pojo has its shining moments with a few of its members. I'm sure ShadowBlade or Swm might've said something to help me.

Suddenly, from the depths of a mysterious fog, ShadowBlade emerges, having heard his legendary name echoed throughout the heavens!

Now that I'm done screwing around...

I agree with Ryu, mainly. You should really only give a background of things that occur before the actual main story, at most. Character biographies are fine as long as you know the limits on when to start and stop revealing information on them. There's a reason why my character information doesn't go beyond Season 6 of Battle Zone, after all. You will want to probably bar that off for when you hit a main plot point that will be centered around for the remainder of the series, or at least a few seasons.

But, yeah, leave everything else pretty mysterious and open. Through simple psychology, you're likely to pick up more readers just for the reason that they know a little about the characters and maybe some of the episode names; but, they don't have a clue as to the content of the episodes. Little and simple things like that are sometimes enough to draw a new reader into the series.
Back to top Go down
Cyber Phoenix

Cyber Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach   Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:17 pm

Alright, thanks for the advice everyone! I think I have some good stuff and info to work with now! I hope it comes in handy for my upcoming turns and my episode guide.
Back to top Go down
Cyber Phoenix

Cyber Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach   Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:51 pm

I have news concerning the series.

First of all, I'm sorry I haven't given you guys a new episode in like a month, but I've been busy adjusting to my Senior year of High School and they've been slamming me with work, so I haven't had too much time to sit down for a few hours and get typing. The thing is, I can't type in small sections because I lose track of how I wanted to progress with the episode, so I usually need to have one good day where I can really crank out some text.

Anyways, I have some good news for you guys! Turn 7 will be coming out next week! The reason being is that I'm having some minor surgery, so I'll be able to stay home for one or two days, meaning I'll have some free time on my hands to continue typing! It's about time, because I've always failed with my previous Yu-Gi-Oh! series, and I don't want to end up having to abandon this one for stupid reasons.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience with my erratic episode schedule and I hope you enjoy Turn 7 next week!
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach   Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:03 pm

Cyber Phoenix wrote:
First of all, I'm sorry I haven't given you guys a new episode in like a month, but I've been busy adjusting to my Senior year of High School and they've been slamming me with work, so I haven't had too much time to sit down for a few hours and get typing. The thing is, I can't type in small sections because I lose track of how I wanted to progress with the episode, so I usually need to have one good day where I can really crank out some text.

It's better than my senior year of High School when half the day I'm screwing around in the hallway. Blaine can vogue for that fact, admittedly.
Back to top Go down
ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach   Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:53 pm

Ryu Kuze wrote:
Cyber Phoenix wrote:

It's better than my senior year of High School when half the day I'm screwing around in the hallway. Blaine can vogue for that fact, admittedly.

So can Mr. Gustas. >.> <.<

Anyway, Cyber, it's all good. We'll all be here when you have some time to keep writing.
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach   Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 12:04 am

ShadowBlade wrote:
So can Mr. Gustas. >.> <.<

I was "errand boy" during that time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach   Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Reach
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum