Ryu Kuze's Emporium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Nothing shall ever be the same in Ryu Kuze's Emporium.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
S-o-F

Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide Empty
PostSubject: Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide   Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:10 pm

EDIT: I decided that maybe people would take a look if I put the chapters up on here. I have a few reviewers on Pojo, but theyre not very frequent. This is a much tighter community, so I'm going to put stuff up here and hope for the best.

In the world of duel monsters there is what is known as the "Pro League". In this league duelists are sponsored by large companies and organizations to participate in duels against other pro league duelists. Tickets are sold, and the flashiest of the flashy and the best of the best sell out. Only the best make it to the pro league. However, over the past few years the number of duelists in the pro league have begun to decline. Less and less duelists are able to stay in the league due to huge and often humiliating defeats, causing them to lose prestige, fans, and their spirit. Of coarse, even though there is always a pro league champion, the champion seldom duels. No, in order to knock a large amount of duelists out of the pro league a large group of top-tier duelists would be required......

In the pro league, 9 duelists all supported and sponsored by the same business group have reigned supreme for the past 10 years. The group is known as the Universal 9. Possession of a planet monster is apart of what makes the 9 so strong. Another reason that they are referred to as the "Universal 9" is due to the fact that they make up almost the entire pro league. Because they all act under the same sponsor, they never issue challenges to each other, and should two members ever be pitted against each other one or the other will always forfeit. Because of this the 9 are considered to be a team, all acting together for the same goals. Because no member will ever duel another, all members can avoid harming the others record and thus a disturbance is caused in the pro league because high-level duelists aren’t challenging duelists on their own levels and affecting each others win records. With few duelists left in the pro league and fewer and fewer duels happening, the pro league has slowly began to crumble.

There are barely any duelists left in the pro league to oppose the universal 9, allowing them to almost completely monopolize the entire system. New duelists are usually disposed of by members of the Universal 9 with humiliating defeats that ruin their reputation and careers just as they begin. With less duels occurring throughout the pro league, fans are becoming unsatisfied and angry. After 10 years of this, it seems that the pro league is on the brink of collapse. However, if someone could rise up against the U9 and defeat them, hope might be restored among fans and duelists alike......

Of coarse, there are SOME duelists left in the Pro League, but as time goes by its getting harder and harder for them to stay in the dueling circuit. With fewer and fewer duelists to challenge, soon all that’s left will be the final few who are strong enough to oppose the U9, and the U9. One man has realized this, and has decided to unite the few who are strong enough to oppose the U9 before time runs out.

Season 1: Gathering of Power
Chapter 1: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 2: The Giant
Chapter 3: Burning Passion
Chapter 4: Iron Resolve
Chapter 5: The Gate is Closed
Chapter 6: The Gate is Open
Chapter 7: The Trouble with the Past (1)
Chapter 8: The Trouble with the Past (2)
Chapter 9: The Trouble with the Past (3)
Chapter 10: The Pawns Go First
Chapter 11: Frozen Heart
Chapter 12: Set you Aflame

For now, here are the pojo links. I have to go back to some earlier chapters and add a few links, so you can read them here for now. Like I said though, I think people will give it a chance more if the chapters are easily acessible here on the Emporium

Although outdated, and also lacking in the good writing category, the summery on the chapter guide does do a good job of giving you the basic idea of what its all about. I can assure you that it goes much deeper though, and that it doesnt have your average cliches running amok.

Kinda short on reviewers... I dunno if other people are reading and just too lazy to post or what, but right now I only have 2, one of whome usually just says "Awesome!" or "Amazing!" or positive things like that XDD. I do appreciate all reviews though, no matter how long or short. Just knowing that people like what I'm doing is enough for me. So if you do take the time to read through, do me a favor and PM your thoughts, or post here for thoughts on earlier chapters to avoid thread bumping/if you dont have a Pojo account.

I admit, the first 3 chapters could have better quality. My writing abilities took a huge jump after that, and I think that everything Ive written from that point on is the best work I've ever done. So please bear with the first three and know that the other 6 are several times better.

With that all said, I hope you enjoy

Last edited by S-o-F on Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fenian

Fenian

PostSubject: Re: Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide   Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:52 am

Not gonna lie. Those are pretty effing good. I don't comment because Im far too lazy to set up a Pojo account, but really, really good. Yes, its a bit iffy at first, but then it takes off. Good emotions, characters, and a very plausible and realistic, sometimes metafictitious plot. Naming of things could be better, but that small thing is its only real flaw
Back to top Go down
ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade

PostSubject: Re: Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide   Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:04 pm

I've read many fan fictions and Pro League Circuit is a pretty good up-and-coming idea. I think if Ally keeps working on it, he can go pretty far with it. I try to bounce ideas off him if he gets stuck, but he tends to do a pretty good job and doesn't seem to have much difficulty fighting off writer's block. This is a pretty essential trait a long-term fan fiction writer requires.

Now, just remember to start a new paragraph every time a new character speaks and we'll be fine. Cool
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

PostSubject: Re: Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide   Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:48 pm

ShadowBlade wrote:
Now, just remember to start a new paragraph every time a new character speaks and we'll be fine. Cool

.......we're doomed. (leaves)
Back to top Go down
https://ryukuzeemporium.forumotion.com
S-o-F

PostSubject: Re: Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide   Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:48 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys, and uh.... Sab I guess XDDD . I was going to drop this project due to lack of reviews, but I just couldnt. I really like writing it, and I think that I've got something good going here. Ive never made it this far with anything Ive ever written. Stuff usually just goes 1-2 chapters and then its done. But I've thought of some really great out of the ordinary stuff for this FF, and I'm itching to keep working on it. I have a lot of twists and turns planned, so I'm going to keep at it an hope that the few people who do read and review enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

PostSubject: Re: Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide   Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 11:39 am

S-o-F wrote:
Thanks for the feedback guys, and uh.... Sab I guess XDDD . I was going to drop this project due to lack of reviews, but I just couldnt. I really like writing it, and I think that I've got something good going here. Ive never made it this far with anything Ive ever written. Stuff usually just goes 1-2 chapters and then its done. But I've thought of some really great out of the ordinary stuff for this FF, and I'm itching to keep working on it. I have a lot of twists and turns planned, so I'm going to keep at it an hope that the few people who do read and review enjoy.

You can post some of your chapters here as well. You know that. :/
Back to top Go down
Fenian

Fenian

PostSubject: Re: Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide   Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 9:17 pm

The hits keep on coming with PLC. The suspense builds as each chapter unfolds, giving depth and insight into its characters. Great effort is put into each duel, where common archetypes like Allies of Justice, Frozen World, and even Gem Dragons appear with a strong infusion of custom cards that keep the duels exciting and unexpected. The suspense builds as each chapter unfolds, giving depth and insight into its characters. Well written and executed, definitely worth anyone's while who enjoys fan fics. Even if you don't, you should check it out.
Back to top Go down
Ryu Kuze
Lone Shadow Swordsman
Ryu Kuze

PostSubject: Re: Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide   Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 4:14 pm

S-o-F, if you do actually care about your fanfic, I'll just plain out tell you.

Look up to other people's work and DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT IT....
Back to top Go down
S-o-F

PostSubject: Re: Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide   Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:48 pm

I dont really have the time right now to look at other peoples stuff. And I seriously mean that, Im not just saying it cause I dont want to read other peoples work. Maybe when Im done with PLC, but until then I cant really squeeze that in

And I dont think Ive ever complained about anybody's work except for that Yugi vs. Judai duel FF. I mean, if someones work is lacking Ill say so, but I'm not gonna just go "HEY THERE, DIS R FANTASTIC, U R GREAT NOW READ MINEZ!" If Im going to read someone's work its going to be to read their work and give them some feedback, not to promote my own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide   Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pro League Circuit! Chapter Guide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ryu Kuze's Emporium :: Anonymonous Menu :: Emporium Archives-
Jump to: